Thursday, January 29, 2009

Christmas Crack !!

I got this recipe from a good friend in Idaho Falls. I crave it at the weirdest times. Here you go Amanda, enjoy!. I renamed it to Christmas Crack, instead of Chex mix because I swear the same thing in crack that is so addictive must be in this.


3/4 large box Golden Grahams
3/4 large box Rice Chex
1 cup slivered almonds (or more)
2 cubes butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup light Karo Syrup

Melt butter over medium heat then add karo syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly and scraping down the sides of the pan the entire time. Pour cereal in same pan. I eye it and keep adding cereal until everything is coated. I definately use WELL OVER half the box. You could add coconut (shredded), I am not the biggest coconut fan.

No comments: