Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spinach Salad with Maple-Dijon Vinaigrette

Once again For the Love of Cooking has given me another fabulous recipe.   I am kind of burnt out on the typical side salad for dinner.  Lettuce, tomato, cucumber and ranch.  This is a great recipe and so easy.  I 3x's the dressing recipe and just keep in my fridge for the week.  I love that it only has 1 Tbsp of oil.  


1/4 cup of real maple syrup
1 tbsp minced shallots
2 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 red onion, sliced very thin
1/2 cup Braeburn apple, chopped
4 slices of lean bacon, cooked and crumbled
10 oz of fresh baby spinach

Combine the syrup, shallots, vinegar, oil, mustard, sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and garlic together in a bowl. The recipe says to whisk. I stuck mine in the magic bullet - I don't like chunky things like garlic or shallots in my dressing.  

Place the spinach, mushrooms, onion, apple, and bacon in a large bowl and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Toss to coat evenly then serve immediately. Enjoy.

No comments: