Tuesday, July 15, 2008

WOK FOOD

This is a recipe I grew up with. My mom took a class at Gabby Gourmet in SLC (wow did I just date myself, anyone remember Gabby Gourmet). I have always LOVED this. I hate chinese but I will eat this. It is not a simple recipe, you use a lot of pans, spoons, etc, but so worth it!!

Beef and Broccoli

1 lb flank steak/sirloin 2 tsp grated ginger
2 Tbsp. soy sauce 2 cloves garlic
3 Tbsp. rice wine 3 Tbsp peanut oil
1 tsp sugar 1 lb snow peas, broccoli
2 tsp cornstarch carrots

Slice steak. Mix soy, rice wine, and starch. Marinade 30 minutes at room temperature or 3 hours in refrigerator. Heat oil, stir-fry veggie 2 minutes (I only use broccoli), Simmer in a little water and steam for a minute, remove. Heat peanut oil, add garlic and ginger. Add marinated beef, fry till gray and soft to pressure. Combine meat and veggies.

No comments: