Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pumpkin Bars !!

I made these this past weekend for Adam's Baptism and our families really LOVED them, especially Uncle Aaron :). I have had this recipe for years. I stole it from a friend of mine in Idaho Falls. This is another one no matter where you take it, everyone ALWAYS wants the recipe. It really is the BEST!! I went out and bought a HUGE cake pan for this recipe, but a deep cookie sheet will also work. Or really ANYTHING will work. I just love the frosting that the thinner the bars are the more you can enjoy the frosting.

PUMPKIN BARS

Mix:
4 eggs
1 cup oil
1 2/3 cups sugar
2 cups pumpkin (16 oz)

Add:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon

Mix well. Pour into a sheet size baking pan and bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes.

Cool the cake completely and then frost with:

FROSTING:
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 lb powder sugar

Mix well

No comments: