The good old kraft magazine comes through again. This was a hit with the kids and I actually liked, plus it is low fat, calorie. I was happy because I cut the spinach up kind of small and the kids ate the spinach. I told them it was just seasoning and they went with it.
Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta Bake
1 ½ cup multigrain penne pasta, uncooked
1 pkg. (9 oz.) fresh spinach leaves
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces (really small for my kids)
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1 jar (14 ½ oz) spaghetti sauce – we like the marina sauce from Albertsons Organic line
1 can (14 ½ oz) can diced tomatoes (petite cut), drained
2 oz (1/4 of 8 oz pkg.) 1/3 less fat Neufchatel cheese – (low fat cream cheese)
1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided, (2% milk or skim)
2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 375. Cook pasta, adding spinach to boiling water for the last 1 minute. Cook and stir chicken and basil in large nonstick skillet on medium high heat, 3 minutes. Add sauce and tomatoes; bring to boil. Simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in Neufchatel cheese. Drain pasta mixture well. Return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and ½ cup mozzarella. Spoon into 2 qt baking dish. Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 3 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment