Friday, May 30, 2008

Blender Pancakes

I love when I am always the last to know, which is usually all the time. A girl was talking about blender pancakes and was shocked that I had not heard of blender pancake. She was raving about how easy they were and an easy way to go through some of your wheat storage. I tried them and they are not bad, the boys ate them right up and it was an easy thing to whip up before getting kids off to school.

1 cup whole wheat berries
1 1/4 cup milk
Place in blender and blend on high speed for 2 - 3 minutes.

Add the following and blend one minute more:
1 egg
2 Tbsp. sugar or honey
2 Tbsp. cooking oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder

Bake on hot, greased griddle until bubles form on top. Turn and cook on the toher side until golden brown. CAUTION: this recipe requires a very STRONG blender. Check with the manufacturer before trying, I offer no blender insurance.

No comments: