Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fruit, Chicken and Pasta Salad

This is my go to salad. I take it to people that just had babies (it keeps well in the frig). I make it when I have parties (which is once in a blue moon), or I make it before we go camping. It makes a bunch so make sure you are ready to eat it for a couple of nights. It is almost better the second day.

DRESSING:
1 cup coleslaw dressing
1 cup mayo
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp ginger
few dashes of thyme

2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
3 plus cups bow tie pasta cooked and cooled
1 cup celery, sliced
1 (20 oz) can pineapple tidbits (save the juice)
2 cups grapes, cut in half
2 cups diced apples (soaked in the above pineapple juice for 10 minutes to keep white)
2 plus cups cooked chicken (optional)
craisins
cashews
Parmesan cheese to garnish

Mix first six ingredients for dressing. Keep refrigerated until ready to put on salad and serve. Prepare remaining ingredients in large bowl.

No comments: