Thursday, August 14, 2008

BLT Salad

I got this recipe from my old wards newsletter long, long ago. I have had it and been wanting to try it but waiting for the perfect tomatoes. It was on a friend blog awhile back that reminded me I had it. We did not do a garden here in Boise and I don't feel so bad anymore because I found Reggies Veggies. An awesome little fruit stand that has straight from the garden fresh fruits and veggies for a great price. The original recipe calls for romaine lettuce but we love and use spinach.

BLT Salad

1/2 box bow tie pasta (I made the entire box and took half of the noodles out and threw spaghetti sauce on it for the boys, I figured they wouldn't eat this)
1 pkg. bacon cooked and chopped up
3-4 chicken breasts, boiled and chopped up
4 cups spinach
4 fresh tomatoes cut up

DRESSING:
1/2 cup mayo (I used 1/2 light and 1/2 regular)
2Tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Cook pasta. Rinse under cold water, drain and transfer to large bowl. Add bacon, tomatoes and lettuce. In a small bowl whisk together mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Toss the may mixture with pasta and serve immediately.

No comments: