Thursday, August 7, 2008

Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad


Yipee a picture of food - I did not take it . . I have been trying all sorts of food on Best Bites blog and loving all of the recipes. All the recipes we have tried are going to make it in our family recipe book. So far so good. I LOVE mexican food, could eat it every single meal. This is really good. At first I was not really sure because of the smoky adobe flavor, but I am so glad I tried it because now I crave it. Ben even said he would eat it again, which is his way of saying good. I know if I don't hear "I will eat this again" to dump the recipe..

Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad

SALAD:
4 c. chopped Romaine Lettuce
2 c. chopped grilled chicken I used Best Bites Taco Chicken, see Taco Chicken recipe
1 c. cherry or grape tomatoes, washed
1/3 c. vertically-sliced red onions
1 avocado, cubed
1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 8 3/4 oz. can corn, rinsed and drained

DRESSING:
1/3 c. chopped fresh cilantro
2/3 c. light sour cream
1 1/2 + tsp. adobo sauce from canned chipotle chilis
1 tsp. chili powder
4 tsp. fresh lime juice
¼ tsp. salt
Optional: Tortilla Strips

Combine lettuce, chicken, beans, corn, onion, and tomatoes in a large bowl and gently mix with your hands. Set aside.

Mix dressing ingredients. Start with 1 tsp. of adobo sauce and then go from there, probably 1/4-1/2 tsp. at a time. If you're serving this for a crowd, it's probably better to err on the side of not spicy enough rather than too spicy, but if you're just making it for your family and you have taste buds of steel, have at it. Set dressing aside.

When you're ready to serve, add avocado, tortilla strips, and dressing. Gently combine with your hands and serve

No comments: