This is the newest addition to our family recipes. Everyone loved it. I was able to taste it at a friends house who had dinners brought in after having a baby. I had to have the recipe. Thank you Melissa Cantwell. So very good!! Oh and thank you Hilary for the great idea of cooking bacon out on the bbq (my house didn't smell) and if you haven't tried the pre-cooked bacon from costco you need to, so very easy, I use it in the morning for eggs and bacon - huge timesaver!!
Garlic Chicken Farfalle
16 oz. farfalle pasta
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3-4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed1 Tbsp. pepper (coarse)
1/2 cup butter
1 lb. bacon, crumbled
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (12 oz) Lawry's mesquite marinade with lime juice (it is liquid and found by the bbq sauces)
Cook chicken and bottle of marinade in the crock pot on low for six hours (or two if you have crazy cooker like mine). Pull marinated chicken out of the juices, allow to cool a little bit, and shred. Set this aside. About a half hour before serving, boil the pasta. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, pour over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir through. Sprinkle a little bit more shredded parmesan cheese on top.
3 comments:
yummy this sounds so good, I can't wait!
Looks so good!
MmM! I've made this before... I think I got it off allrecipes. So good and so garlicky!
Post a Comment