Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Healthy Banana Bread

I know some of you may be shocked to hear this especially after watching me eat but I do like to eat healthy. I LOVE how I feel when I eat healthy, not bloated, tired or feeling hungry.

I got this from a recipe swap a couple of weeks ago. I tried it and it was really good. Tastes just like a normal banana bread recipe that has a lot of flour, oil and eggs.

HEALTHY BANANA BREAD

1 ½ cup all purpose flour
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
2 slightly beaten egg whites
1 cup mashed banana (3 medium)
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup cooking oil

Lightly coat an 8x4x2 inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside. In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl stir together the egg whites, banana, sugar and oil. Add flour mixture all at once to banana mixture. Stir just until moistened (the batter should be lumpy). Spoon batter into prepared pan.

Bake at 350 oven for 45 – 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.

No comments: